As President Biden and his liberal controlled Legislature's popularity numbers continue to sink, I decided to use this weeks editorial to compile President Trumps accomplishments. I'll try to categorize his accomplishments with a few examples in each group.
The Unprecedented Economic Boom under Trump:
- America gained 7 million new jobs.
- Middle class family income increased by nearly $6000.
- The unemployment rate sunk to 3.5% lowest in half a century 40 straight months of more job openings than hirings. Jobless claims hit a 50 year low.
- Unemployment insurance claims lowest on record.
- Incomes rose in every major city for the first time in 30 years.
A Greater Future and Opportunity for all Citizens:
- Record unemployment lows for African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, the disabled and those with less than a high school degree.
- Unemployment for women hits 70 year low.
- 7 million people off food stamps. Low income and blue collar workers saw a 16 % pay increase.
- African American home ownership increased by 5 %.
Returns business and industry to American Shores:
- Creates 1.2 million new manufacturing and construction jobs.
- Created policies to return supply chains from overseas.
- Small business optimism breaks 35 year old record.
Record Stock Market Numbers:
- Dow closed above 20,000 for the first time since 2017 and exceeded 30,000 in 2020.
Investing in Rural America:
- invested $1.3 billion to bring high speed internet to Rural America.
Achieved Record Setting Economic Comeback:
- Oct 2020 Gallup survey found 56% of Americans were better off during a pandemic than four years earlier.
-3rd Quarter of 2020 the economy grew 33.1%, the fastest GDP growth ever recorded.
- Household net worth grew $7.4 trillion in second quarter of 2020. Home prices hit all-time record highs.
Tax Relief for the Middle Class:
- More than 6 million Americans received wage increases due to tax cuts.
- Doubled the standard tax deduction making the first $24,000 for couples, tax free. Doubled the child tax credit.
- Eliminated unfair Estate and Death taxes.
- Cut Americas world highest tax from 35% to 21%. Over $1.5 trillion was repatriated into the US from overseas.
Ended the Regulatory Assault on American Business:
- Eliminated 8 old regulations for each new regulation.
- Removed 25,000 pages from the Federal Register
more than any previous President and more than the 16,000 added by the Obama Administration.
- Signed an Executive Order making it easier to create retirement plans.
- Modernized the Department of Agriculture biotechnology regulations.
Put More Money in Americans Pockets:
- Cut red tape providing Americans with more affordable healthcare, saving Americans 10% on
- Removed government barriers to personal freedom and consumer choice in
- Signed 16 pieces of deregulatory legislation that results in a $40 million increase in annual incomes.
Historic Trade Deals to Defend American Workers:
- Withdrew Americans from the job-killing Trans-Pacific Partnership. - Ended the North American Free Trade Agreement and create the US-Mexico-Canada Agreement. - Signed an executive order making it government policy to buy and hire American.
- Reached an agreement with China to protect against
pirated and counterfeit goods, protecting American ideas, trade secrets, patents and trademarks.
I'll pick up next week with American Energy Independence as gas hits $4.00 per gallon and diesel hits $5.25 per gallon.
Terry Harper, State Republican Executive Committee Chairman for Senate District 21-