Congressional Republicans recently released their 11 Point Plan to Rescue America which includes 128 specific promises. It is without doubt that the America our Forefathers left us is in a Socialistic nosedive. A nosedive where current liberals continue the downward spiral through indoctrination in the education system, a dilution of our values through open borders and uncontrolled immigration, government bailouts and encouraged dependence upon government for individual needs. A nosedive where liberals choose to reinterpret our Constitution by packing the courts with liberal justices.
- Point 1 of the eleven point plan proposes to return the Pledge of Allegiance, the Salute of the flag, True American History and the ability to choose the school that best meets the students’ needs and parents expectations.
- Point 2 will ban any Government Form from ever asking a person to disclose their race, ethnicity or skin color.
- Point 3 calls to end coddling of criminal behavior and will return funding to law-enforcement.
- Point 4 will secure our borders and stop the mass influx of illegal immigrants.
- Point 5 will grow the American economy, starve the Washington economy and stop Socialism.
- Point 6 will end all Federal programs that can and should be run by the individual states and will enact term limits for federal bureaucrats and Congress.
- Point 7 will protect the American form of Republic/Government and secure election integrity.
- Point 8 will protect, defend and promote the American Family at all cost.
- Point 9 will promote that Men are Men and Women are Women and unborn babies are babies and that science only has two genders.
- Point 10 will welcome God into all aspects of life and will stop any government effort to deny religious freedom.
- Point 11 will promote Americanism over Globalism.
Only a few months earlier, at its bi-annual convention, the Republican Party of Texas selected its 8 Legislative Priorities for the upcoming 88 th Legislative session.
- Priority 1 calls to restore felony penalties for election violations to be enforced by any Texas jurisdiction including the Texas Attorney Generals Office.
- Priority 2 calls to secure the Texas Border and to deny all taxpayer funded services to illegal aliens.
- Priority 3 calls to ban Gender Modification on minor children.
- Priority 4 calls to Stop Sexualizing Texas Kids, to prohibit child access to explicit or pornographic materials and prohibits teaching, exposure or discussion of sexual matters (mechanics, feelings, orientation or gender identity) and prohibit use or provision of related books or other materials.
- Priority 5 calls to Ban the appoint of Democrats to any Committee Chairmanships in the Texas Legislature as long as Republicans control the House and Senate.
- Priority 6 Calls for a total ban on Abortion in Texas.
- Priority 7 calls to defend Gun Rights and protect gun owners rights from Red Flag Laws and to eliminate Gun Free Zones.
- Priority 8 calls to legislate Parental Rights and Education Freedom.
In recent years Texas has had three liberal Speakers of the House, Straus, Bonnen and now Phelan. All three were elected by almost 100% Democrats and a few who call themselves Republicans. Though the Texas House was Republican controlled, there was not a super majority and the Democrats and a few liberal Republicans have blocked Texas from having a strong Conservative leader. House rules could be changed by a majority vote removing this ability from the Democrats yet the controlling liberal Republicans have used threats of poor or no committee assignments to maintain status quo. Also at the past State Republican Convention a Resolution was passed calling to end the practice of Democrat Committee Chairs by House legislative rule as mentioned in the Legislative Priority 5. The resolution also called for a letter being sent to each Representative requesting acknowledgment of receipt, a positive declaration of support of Priority 5 and an articulation of actions to be taken by each elected Representative. Call your Representative and ask for their response.
October 11 is the last day to register to vote. On November 8 you can make changes to your local Tax Bonds, School Board, City Hall, State and Federal Offices. If you have had enough of current leadership and more taxes then be sure and vote and research the non-partisan candidates. Elections have consequences. The ball is in your court.
Terry Harper, past State Republican Committee Chairman for Senate District 21