Alert 7 (30 May 2021)
OPPOSE HB 1987
If the conference committee report on HB1987 by Republican Cody Vasut is voted on favorably tonight by the House; it will allow DEMOCRATS TO VOTE FOR OUR SREC! WE NEED YOU TO call AS MANY R'S and ask them NOT to concur with the conference committee report!
Alert 7 (24 May 2021)
RPT PRIORITY BANNING GENDER MODIFICATION IN MINORS
Last night on the floor of the House, Speaker Phelan clarified that the House can continue hearing Senate bill sup until 72 hours before the end of session on May 31. Additionally, he moved SB 1311 to the Public Health Committee!!
This is fantastic news as the Honorable Chair Stephanie Klick indicated last week that she would move this bill immediately to the Calendars Committee as soon as she received it in Public Health.
We have time now to get it to Calendars, where we must request it be placed on the Major Calendar!
1. Email or call Chair Klick's office and thank her again for her commitment to getting this bill out of her committee immediately.
Rep. Klick: firstname.lastname@example.org 512-463-0599
2.Email or call Honorable Chair Burrows office and other Calendar Committee Chairs and request they put the bill on the Major Calendar as soon as it's received.
Rep. Burrows: 512-463-0542
Rep. Tom Craddick 512-463-0500 email@example.com
Rep. Shelby Slawson 512-463-0628 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Jared Patterson 512-463-0694 email@example.com
Rep. Jacey Jetton 512-463-0710
Rep. Cody Harris 512-463-0730
Rep. Ben Leman. 512-463-0600
3. Continue to call the Governor and tell him we must protect children in Texas from the medical butchers and mutilators!
Gov. Greg Abbott: 512-463-2000
Please pray we get this legislation through this week!
Thank you for all your efforts.
Alert 6 (May 2021)
1. Call the Speaker at 512-464-1000 and tell him we still want him to push through HB 1311 to protect Texas children, and that we want robust Election Reform, Constitutional Carry, Monument Protection, and a Ban on Tax Payer Funded Lobbying.
2. Please call the Governor at 512-463-2000 and tell him the same.
3. Call your Representative and Senator and let them know what your priorities are.
Alert 5 (Apr 2021)
The next step for #ConstitutionalCarry is to call Lt Governor Dan Patrick's office and ask that they hear and pass #HB1927 & SJR23 ASAP! We want to see where our elected officials stand. No hiding; If they ran on 2A, now is there chance to prove it. (512) 463-0001 and call your State Rep too. Find their number here: https://capitol.texas.gov/Members/Members.aspx?Chamber=H
Alert 4 (Mar 2021)
Does supporting Pres Trump count as cancel culture & merit you being fired from your job? What say you Texans? If your answer is no, then support the cause because that's what happened.
PATRIOT RALLY & Ceh Famil Fundraiser March 6th, 2021 2pm – 7pm
PLEASE BRING CASH OR CHECK FOR DONATIONS!
$5 Entry Fee (to pay band & staff), $15 plate for BBQ (proceeds to the Ceh Family)
RIVER ROAD ICE HOUSE 1791 Hueco Springs Loop Rd; New Braunfels, TX (830) 626-1335 Live music by Mike Donnell!
All BBQ proceeds & donations go to the Ceh Family.
If you cannot attend, please donate to:GIVESENDGO.COM – CEH Family Fundraiser!
PLEASE RSVP TO: ROBERT STRACK AT 210-782-3412
Alert 3 (Feb 2021)
Reach out to your legislators re: the following issues
1. Contact Speaker Phelan and ask him to assign our bills to committees.
2. Contact Lt. Gov. Patrick and tell him to our RPT Legislative Priorities prioritize in the Senate.
3. Contact your representative and tell him or her not to support HB3, and to support our Legislative Priority bills (listed above) reigning in executive overreach. If you don't know who represents you, look here.
Here is the list of bills that were mentioned a couple of weeks ago that we are supporting for each priority:
· Election Integrity: HB 329, HB 335, HB 574, SB 155, HB 1368
· Religious Freedom: HB 525, HB 1218, HB 1239, HB 1291, HJR 1, SB 251
· Child and Gender Modification: HB 68
· Abolition of Abortion: SJR 25, SB 391, HB 1280
· Constitutional Carry: HB 1238
· Monuments: HB 446, HB 1079
Here are new bills that have been added:
Child and Gender Modification: HB 1399
Religious Freedom: SB 573
Abolition of Abortion: HB1623, HJR 80
Thank you for engaging and fighting for our state! While, individually, it seems overwhelming, if we all work together we can hold back the flood. Remember you can find our complete list of resources on the Republican Party of Texas website, and if you need a speaker on our Legislative Priorities for your club or meeting, our SRECs are available.
Alert 2 (Jan 2021)
Reach out to your legislators re: the following issues
- Republican Legislative Priorities
- Democrats Chairing key committees
- (for you) follow the money $$
https://directory.texasscorecard.com this link gets you to a directory of all legislators
https://directory.texasscorecard.com/legislators/ followed by name of legislator will take you to their respective page were you can follow the money
Let's pro-actively reach out to Speaker Phelan and tactfully let him know that we worked hard for and elected Republicans to carry forth our Legislative Priorities. We are not against working with Democrats in our Republic form of government, since they represent citizens as well. However, our expectation is that key committees and those in line with our highly debated and voted upon (statewide) Legislative Priorities should be chaired by a Republican. Then, we need to follow the money. Scrutinize which bills go to which committee, who chairs the committee and what is the legislators source of funding associated with the bills before the committee. Detailed/tough work? Yes However, the money trail never lies. In 2020, we're not going to get bitter. We're going to get better at doing our due diligence and holding elected officials accountable.
Alert 1 (Jan 2021)
87th Legislature is in session. Redistricting is up. Ask your Senator & Representative to redistrict SBOE 5.
Dear Representative ____
As you meet in the 87th session of the Texas legislature, I respectfully ask that you would prioritize the redistricting of the State Board of Education district 5. This district switched from Republican to Democrat after decades of being a Republican district. The new Democrat SBOE member is one of the most liberal members of the board, who promotes radical comprehensive sex education, the green new deal and the 1619 project. SBOE district 5 also had the largest number of voters of any SBOE district. There were over 1,000,000 voters! This district is too large to be represented by only one SBOE member. Please make it a priority to promote the redistricting of SBOE district 5. We must ensure conservative policies remain in our schools and that we protect our children from political indoctrination and protect the rights of parents! Thank you for your help.